Thursday, May 1, 2008

Cock-Eyed Man Theory


Don't you always wonder why people do some of the things they do?
My dad always said, "It's his/her cock-eyed man".
I know...what does that mean? I finally asked.
When a person has one eye that is straight and one eye that is off looking into another direction, that is a cock-eye. Well...it is fact that when a person with a cock-eye is feeling uncomfortable, the eye goes further into another direction, whereas when the person is feeling comfortable the eye becomes relaxed and begins to go straight like the other eye.
With that knowledge, let me now explain the theory....people do funny, sometimes strange things and it is likely because they are not feeling comfortable, or are feeling insecure. The cock-eyed man is a defense they use to cover something they feel insecure about. After you read this, if you are at all aware of the world around you, you will instantly begin to see this and call it, the cock-eyed man theory.
So, don't understand, yet? Here's an example: I know a really tall person who always makes fun of me cause I'm short. In reality, I am really not short, I am average, but this person is so extremely self-conscious about their height that they make themselves feel better by putting me down. It is their "cock-eyed man." Get it?
Now, go, and instead of getting upset when people do things that really bother you, realize first....it probably is their cock-eyed man. It makes it a lot easier not to turn around and slap them!

No comments: