Monday, May 5, 2008

The Call-Back


Ahhh, the call-back. It gets a little annoying sometimes. Let me explain. In life....(I have noticed) there are people who are peacemakers. People who must have peace with everyone. I...am not one of them. My husband....is. He has two jobs and is in a position of leadership in both. If, on the occasion of him having to "speak" to someone in a negative fashion, he feels that he has not made himself clear or feels he may have hurt the other person will perform what I have so lovingly named "The Call-Back." Now, in my case, I drop it and think the person probably didn't get offended, didn't take it the way I think they may have, or in some cases I think, who cares?
My husband, on the other hand, thinks and mulls over it until he is sure he must perform the call-back in order to ensure peace. I love that he must have peace in his life and cares deeply for other people's feelings, but as people are, sometimes they take advantage of this. Therefore, I am trying to slow down the mulling, stop it before it happens and talk fact.
Just this morning it almost happened, on something that he thought was being said, but in reality was not. I am so thankful that he must clarify and always be clear on his intentions, thoughts and spoken words, but when people start to take advantage of "The Call-Back" something must be done!
So, for those of you who take advantage of people who are peace-makers, shame on you. You should be happy there is someone who cares enough to perform the call-back ritual. And you can be sure if something wasn't clear, between you and my husband, you will get one!

No comments: