Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Typical Blogging


Well, it is the New Year, so I am sure that everyone else is starting the new year with a fresh blog, so why should I be any different?





Well, 2008 has come and it has gone. Nothing huge happened this past year, which I consider to be good. No one is sick or dying that is close to me, we are all in good health. Praise God.





Now that 2009 is here, I would like to ask the same question that I am sure many other bloggers are asking- what are your resolutions? I really would like to know. I wonder where the whole resolution thing came from and when it started. Mental Note: research New Year Resolutions and history.





My resolutions are to be healthier, (which hopefully should spur some weight loss), I want to be more patient with my kids, I would like to work part-time year round and help with the finances in the house, I would like to become closer to God (thankfully, Michael is doing his Masters in Spiritual Formation so I have a little help with that one) and I would like to really get some movement with my business going....not sure I ever blogged about that, so....





I started a business a few years back, but it has really taken more shape this past year with some larger clients. The business is called Woods Consulting. I have a Masters in Business and for a long while, I was trying to find my niche with what it would be used for. Sure I do taxes and am the Business Manager for Images by Shari (http://www.imagesbyshari.info/) ((shoutout)) but I really wanted to do something on my own.





Well, after helping a few people with small businesses, and with some advice from business people, I realized that I have a knack for how a consumer sees a company and therefore am able to consult a business owner on how to streamline their company. I modify and tweak their ideas to meet how they want their customer to see their business. I find this very fun and very rewarding. It doesn't pay very much since new businesses don't have much money. Haven't figured how to fix that, yet. Let me know what you think of my business card.





Anyway, this year I would like to see where I can go with that with some more active advertising, business cards, website, etc. Hopefully I can get that moving. If not.....on to something new. And that's about it. What about you?




I pray and hope that this year keeps us all healthy and happy. I get scared when I think about a whole new year ahead and what it could bring. I hope my children and yours are safe from harm and wrong-doers and I hope we all commit to keeping our New Years resolutions. We are all in the palm of God's hand, so whatever does happen, we can know He knows about it and find peace in that.





Have a great New Year!

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Finally!! A post! Welcome back!!

P.S. I really like the business card! I love trees...and it goes perfectly with "Woods"...(Like that wasn't planned :)

I resolve to spend more time with you!!

Happy New Year!

Heather Kelli said...

Jackie -
I really like the business card! Sounds like an awesome idea and I am hoping it works out for you. I have also made a "goal" to be more patient and more in tune with my children, rather than just keeping them busy!! It's so easy to do that at this age, but if they can know we care about their ideas, desires, and goals it can only be that much better. Spiritual goal is to handle conflict appropriately - not reactionary, but as God would desire it. WIth a positive attitude, and God honoring. Those are mine - and the of course the weight goal. ugh. Happy New Year to you - and thanks for blogging!

Heidi said...

Good goals! Nice business card and great idea for a business! Sounds like you're keeping bussssy. Just think Heroes will be back in less than a month!!

Anonymous said...

I really like your business card! I might have to use your services if I can start selling more things on my etsy:). Your Michael post was sweet.

Anonymous said...

I really like your business card! I might have to use your services if I can start selling more things on my etsy:). Your Michael post was sweet.